Academic year in NTU commences in August and ends in July of the following year.
School of MAE has two PhD intakes per academic year, one in August and another in January.
Last day for submission of online application with supporting documents
August (Semester 1)
January (Semester 2)
For more details on research programmes, please click here.
Ø Application Process
Important: All academic documents not in English language must be accompanied by official English translations, either by the home university or any official authorized parties, with an original ink signature and seal.
Ø General Admission Requirements
· A Bachelor’s degree with honours of at least a Second Class Upper level or equivalent
· A Master’s degree (research-based) from a reputable university
· For applicants whose native language is not English, a good TOEFL score of ≥600 (paper-based) / ≥250 (computer-based) / ≥100 (internet-based), or a minimum of IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
· International applicants are also required to have a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of at least 90% or Total GRE score of ≥ 319/3.5 where score for verbal (V) and quantitative (Q) sections must be i) V170(max) + Q149(min) or ii) V153(min) + Q166(max) and analytical writing score is at least 3.5.
· The official GATE/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS score sheets are required upon admission
Status of application
You can check the status of your application online here.
What to expect next
· An interview will be arranged if your application has been shortlisted by an MAE supervisor
· NTU admission letter will be issued to successful applicants
Please view our Facebook to know more about the School of MAE or send us an email for enquiries.