The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) is one of the largest mechanical and aerospace engineering schools in the world. With well-established industry partnerships with prominent companies such as Rolls-Royce, General Electric, Pratt & Whitney and Singapore Airlines, MAE provides an active and vibrant research environment with excellent R&D infrastructure and numerous opportunities for research funding. The school has an enrolment of over 2500 undergraduate students with over 110 faculty members and 140 full-time research staff working in well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories. A growing research student population of over 400 is also actively engaged in strategic research and development work.
The School strongly encourages highly qualified candidates with the expertise in Aircraft Design and Allied Engineering to apply for this senior position.
- Possess relevant Bachelor and PhD degrees.
- Possess a proven track record of teaching achievements including leadership in curriculum development work and learning resources in Aircraft Design. A minimum of 10 years' teaching experience with an engineering school, out of which at least 5 years in Aircraft Design will be required.
- Possess a strong research publication record with demonstrated leadership in conducting inter-disciplinary research and collaboration with industry is essential.
- Experience with the related industry and/or academic administration will be advantageous.
The successful candidate is expected to assume a leadership role for the Aerospace Engineering (AE) programme, one of the top 10 most popular degree programmes for top students in Singapore in 2015. He/She is expected to mentor and motivate junior professors to help propel our AE research to the next level. He/She should possess in-depth understanding of topics such as aircraft design processes, design parameters, weight estimation, aircraft configuration layouts, material requirements and selection, cost analysis, basic aerodynamics, aerostructures, aircraft performance, flight mechanics, propulsion and aircraft systems integration fundamentals, airworthiness, certification, FAR regulations, environmental considerations, special design developments (UAV, solar planes etc.) and upcoming trends in the aircraft industry.
- An active and vibrant research environment
- Excellent R&D infrastructure and opportunities for research funding
- Well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories
- Attractive research start-up grants and PhD student scholarships
- A very competitive remuneration package and attractive benefits
Review of applications is ongoing until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Please email your enquiries to:
School Search Committee
Nanyang Technological University
50 Nanyang Avenue, Singapore 639798