- PhD (Microengineering) Scuola Superiore Sant' Anna, Pisa 2002
- Diploma Degree Scuola Superiore Sant' Anna, Pisa 1999
- Laurea Degree University of Pisa 1998
Domenico CAMPOLO is currently Associate Professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He received his Laurea Degree from the University of Pisa in 1998 and the Diploma Degree in Engineering from Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna in 1999. In 2002, he earned his PhD in Micro-Engineering from Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, while working at MiTech Lab (currently, the CRIM Lab). During the Fall 1998 he was working at the EECS Dept. of ZheJiang University, HangZhou, P.R. China as a visiting graduate student. In the period 2000-2003, he was at UC-Berkeley (USA) as a Visiting Scholar and, after 2002, as a post-doc working on the MFI (Micromechanical Flying Insect) project. He co-authored more than 50 peer-reviewed papers on international journals and conference proceedings. He has been serving as reviewer of top international journals and conferences in the general fields of Robotics and Mechatronics. He is Member of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS) and of the Italian National Group of Bioengineering (GNB).
My current research interests lie at the intersection between Robotics and Neuroscience, with special focus on the sensorimotor coupling in humans and for robots.
|H-Man - Refinement and Clinical Evaluation of a novel, portable, inexpensive planar robot for arm rehabilitation after stroke|
The primary aim is to assess to what extent our H-Man is suitable for rehabilitation purposes using a feasibility pilot clinical trial design involving stroke survivors.
[Robotics Research Centre , Biomedical & Sports]
|Industrial Polishing: Human operation skills capture and transfer|
The primary goal is to capture the operation skills from experienced workers and then translate such human skills into planning strategies for robot programming and control.
[Robotics Research Centre , Robotics & Automation]
|Resonant Flapping-winged Micro Aerial Vehicle|
develop a methodology to design high-performance, hummingbird sized (10-20 grams) MAVs with passively rotating wings driven at tuned flapping resonance by DC motors and powered by currently available batteries
[Robotics Research Centre , Robotics & Automation]
Research Staff and Students under supervision
|Charmayne Mary Lee Hughes
||Senior Research Fellow
|Welihena Gamage Kumudu Chalaka Gamage
||H-Man: A Planar, H-Shape Cabled Differential Robotic Manipulandum |
|Mohammad Esmaeili Malekabadi
||Compatibility of Wrist Exoskeletons with Human Biomechanical and Neural Constraints |
||Human Motor Strategies and Impedance Modulation in Redundant Tooling Tasks |
|Phan Gia Hoang
||Bio-inspired Motor Control Strategies for Redundant and Flexible Manipulator with Application to Tooling Tasks |
- D Campolo, P Tommasino, K Gamage, J Klein, CML Hughes, L Masia (2014) H-Man: A Planar, H-shape Cabled Differential Robotic Manipulandum for Experiments on Human Motor Control. J Neuroscience Methods 235:285-297
- P. Tommasino, A. Melendez-Calderon, E. Burdet, D. Campolo* (2014) Motor adaptation with passive machines: A first study on the effect of real and virtual stiffness, Computer Methods Programs in Biomedicine 116(2): 145–155
- M Esmaeili, N Jarrasse, W Dailey, E Burdet , D Campolo* (2014) Ergonomic Design of a Wrist Robot: the Influence of Hyperstaticity on Reaction Forces and Motor Strategies. International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics 7(3): 289-306
- L. Hines, D. Campolo, M. Sitti (2014) Liftoff of a Motor-driven, Flapping Wing Micro Aerial Vehicle Capable of Resonance. IEEE Trans on Robotics 30(1):220-232.
- D. Campolo, M Azhar, GK Lau, M Sitti (2014) Can DC motors directly drive flapping wings at high frequency and large wing strokes?, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics. 19(1):109-120
- M. Esmaeili, S. Guy, W. Dailey, E. Burdet, D. Campolo (2013) Subject-Specific Kinematic Wrist Model Calibration from Unrestricted Movements and Application to Ergonomic Design of Exoskeletons, IEEE Sensors Journal 13(9):3293-3301
- D. Campolo, F Widjaja, H Xu, WT Ang, E Burdet (2013) Analysis of accuracy in pointing with redundant hand-held tools: a geometric approach to the uncontrolled manifold method, PLoS Computational Biology 9(4): e1002978.
- D. Campolo (2013) Cartesian Stiffness for Wrist Joints: Analysis on the Lie Group of 3D Rotations and Geometric Approximation for Experimental Evaluation. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. 16(9):975–986
- D. Campolo, F. Widjaja, M. Esmaeili, E. Burdet (2011) Pointing with the wrist: a postural model for Donders’ law. Experimental Brain Research 212(3):417-427
- D. Campolo, D. Formica, E. Guglielmelli, F. Keller (2010) Kinematic Analysis of the Human Wrist during Pointing Tasks. Experimental Brain Research, 201:561-573
- Design And Construction Of An Analogue Pid Controller
- Introduction To Electrical Circuits & Electronic Devices
- Mechatronics System Interfacing