- PhD University of Adelaide 1987
- BSc(Hons) University of Adelaide 1985
W. T. ANG graduated with a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the University of Adelaide, Australia. He has published many research articles on boundary integral methods and solutions of heat conduction and crack problems in internationally recognised journals. He has been affiliated with the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Nanyang Technological University since 2001.
Mathematical and computational modelling in engineering science, numerical techniques, integral equation based numerical methods, Green’s functions, heat and mass transfer, solid mechanics.
- E. L. Chen and W. T. Ang, Green's functions and boundary element analysis for bimaterials with soft and stiff planar interfaces under plane elastostatic deformations, Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 40 (2014) 50-61.
- W. T. Ang, Hypersingular Integral Equations in Fracture Analysis, Woodhead Publishing, Cambridge, 2013 (207 pages).
- L. Athanasius and W. T. Ang, Magnetoelectroelastodynamic interaction of multiple arbitrarily oriented planar cracks, Applied Mathematical Modelling 37 (2013) 6979-6993.
- W. T. Ang, Numerical solution of a linear elliptic partial differential equation with variable coefficients: a complex variable boundary element approach, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations 28 (2012) 954-965.
- X. Wang, W. T. Ang and H. Fan, Micro-mechanics models for an imperfect interface under anti-plane shear load: Hypersingular integral formulations, Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements 36 (2012) 1856-1864.
- W. T. Ang and L. Athanasius, Dynamic interaction of multiple arbitrarily oriented planar cracks in a piezoelectric space: A semi-analytic solution, European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids 30 (2011) 608-618.
- W. T. Ang and B. I. Yun, A complex variable boundary element method for axisymmetric heat conduction in a nonhomogeneous solid, Applied Mathematics and Computation 218 (2011) 2225-2236.
- L. Athanasius, W. T. Ang and I. Sridhar, Electro-elastostatic analysis of multiple cracks in an infinitely long piezoelectric strip: A hypersingular integral approach, European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids 29 (2010) 410-419.
- W. T. Ang and D. L. Clements, Nonlinear heat equation for nonhomogeneous anisotropic materials: a dual-reciprocity boundary element solution, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations 26 (2010) 771-784.
- B. I. Yun and W. T. Ang, A dual-reciprocity boundary element simulation of axisymmetric dual-phase-lag heat conduction in nonhomogeneous media, CMES: Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences 65 (2010) 217-244.
- Two-dimensional strain measurement
- Mechanics of Materials
- Independent Study
- Engineering Mathematics