- PhD Hong Kong University of Sci & Tech 2008
- MS (Aeronautics & Astronautics) Stanford University 2003
- BS (Aerospace Engrg) National University of Defense Tech. 2001
Dr. CHEN Songlin is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research is focused on the design and operations of advanced manufacturing and service systems, with special interest in mass customization, product line design, supply chain coordination and contracting, healthcare services etc. Dr. Chen obtained his Ph.D. degree in Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management from the Hong Kong University of Science & Technology. Previous to that, he had a Bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering from the National University of Defence Technology in China and a Master degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from Stanford University in U.S.
Manufacturing and Services Systems, Mass Customization, Healthcare services design and operations, 3D printing
|Light Weight Structure Design and Optimization for 3D Printing|
The advancement of 3D printing technology promises much more freedom to design and fabricate complex and innovative structures. This project aims to develop new design methodologies and tools to facilitate the design of structures that are suitable for 3D printing. One particular focus of the project is to investigate the potential for weight reduction while maintaining structure strength.
[Singapore Centre for 3D Printing, Manufacturing]
|Patient-centered Healthcare Service Delivery|
The current healthcare delivery system operates based on a “mass production” model, which has physicians at its center. Based on the concept of “mass customization”, this project aims to design and develop a healthcare delivery system that caters to individual patients’ medical conditions and personal preferences.
[Industrial Eng & Design]
- Chen, S.L., Wu, S.L., Zhang, X.J., and Dai, H.Y. “An Evolutionary Approach for Product Line Adaptation.” International Journal of Production Research, 2014, DOI:10.1080/00207543.2014.893065.
- Haridy, Salah; Wu, Zhang; Chen, S.L.; Knoth, Sven. “Binomial CUSUM Chart with Curtailment”. International Journal of Production Research, 2014, DOI:10.1080/00207543.2014.882026.
- Ou, Y.J., Z. Wu, K.M. Lee, and S.L. Chen, (2012), “An optimal design algorithm of the SPRT chart for minimizing weighted ATS”, International Journal of Production Economics, 139: 564-574.
- Zhang, X.J., C. Lee, and S. L. Chen, (2012), “Supplier Evaluation and Selection: A Hybrid Model based on DEAHP & ABC”, International Journal of Production Research, 50(7): 1877-1889.
- F. Zhou, R. J. Jiao, S.L. Chen, and D. Zhang, (2011). “A Case-Driven Ambient Intelligence System for Elderly in-Home Assistance Applications”, IEEE Trans. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews, PP(99):1-11.
- Chen, S.L. and M.M. Tseng, (2010). “A Negotiation-Credit-Auction Mechanism for Procuring Customized Products”. International Journal of Production Economics, 127(1): 203-210.
- Ou Y. J., Wu Z., S. L. Chen, and Lee K. M., (2010). “An Improved SPRT Control Chart for Monitoring Process Mean”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 51(9-12): 1045-1054.
- F. Zhou, F., R. J. Jiao, D. Schaefer, and S.L. Chen, (2010). “Hybrid Association Mining and Refinement for Affective Mapping in Emotional Design”. ASME Journal of Computing & Information Sciences in Engineering, 10(3).
- Chen, S.L., J.X. Jiao, and M. M. Tseng, (2009). “Evolutionary product line design balancing customer needs and product commonality”, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 58(1):123-126.
- Supply Chain & Logistics Mgt
- Quality Engineering
- System Reliability And Risk Analysis
- Engineering Logistics