- PhD Strathclyde University 1995
- MSc Strathclyde University 1991
- BEng Glasgow University 1990
Dr John Heng has been with the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering since 1998. He is currently the Director of the Robotics and Mechatronics Specification Stream at the school . He is a registered professional Chartered Engineer (CEng) registered with the UK Engineering Council since 1996. His current research focus is in the area of Biomedical Engineering particularly in accelerated stroke rehabilitation. Having received several large research grants in this area, this research spanning over 7 years has resulted in the incorporation of a start-up company, Synphne Pte. Ltd. in 2013 where he serves as Co-founder and Executive Director. The company develops active stroke and other rehabilitation platforms (e.g. CP, TBI etc..) as well as develop medical data analytics systems. Being active in the profession of Mechanical Engineering, he is currently the Chairman of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (Sg Br) where his passion is to promote Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering to students and young adults.
Biomedical, Rehabilitation, Industrial Engineering & Design and Robotics & Automation
Research Student under supervision
|Tan Xin Ji Alan
||Regulatory Framework of CE Marking on Medical Devices |
- Subhasis Banerji, Christopher Kuah, John Heng, Keng He Kong. (2012). A physio-neuro approach to accelerate functional recovery of impaired hand after stroke. Journal of Procedia Engineering, 41, 257-263.
- John Heng, Subhasis Banerji*. (2010). A Step towards Multi-level Human Interface Devices: A System that responds to EEG/SEMG Triggers. International Journal of Biomechatronics and Biomedical Robotics (IJBBR), 1(2), 93-98.
- WU X J, J Tang, Li Qing, John Heng. (2009). Development of a Configuration Space Motion Planner for Robot in Dynamic Environment. Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 25(1), 13-31.
- Andy Kencana, John Heng. (2008). Experiment on a Novel User Input for Computer Interface Utilizing Tongue Input for the Severely Disabled. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology, 3(6), 351-359.
- Xiaoyan Hou, Shih Fu Ling, and John Heng. (2008). A New Transducer for Rotational and Translational Impedance Measurement. Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 19, 1207-1215.
- Hou Xiaoyan, Ling S F, John Heng. (2007). A bimorph impedance transducer for multi-directional FRF detection. Measurement Science & Technology, 18(9), 3009-3018.
- Hou, X., Ling, S.F., John Heng. (2007). Sensing translational impedance by a Bimorph Impedance Transducer. Sensors and Actuators A-Physical, 137(2), 193 - 199.
- Wu X J, Li Qing, J Tang, John Heng. (2007). A Vector-Format Fuzzy Logic Approach for On-line Robot Motion Planning in 3D Space And Its Application to Underwater Robotics Vehicle. Robotica, 25(3), 325-339.
- Wu X J, John Heng, J Tang. (2007). On the Construction of Discretized Configuration Space of Manipulators. Robotica, 25(1), 1-11.
- Teresa Zielinska, John Heng. (2006). Real-time-based control system for a group of autonomous walking robots. Advanced Robotics, 20(5), 543-561.
- Study of Industrial Motor Characteristics
- Microprocessor Systems
- Singapore Studies
- Engineering Design
- Engineers and Society
- Mechanical System Design and Analysis
- Mechatronics Engineering Design