- PhD University of Newcastle(N.S.W.) 1990
- BE(Hons) University of Newcastle(N.S.W.) 1985
Dr. Chua obtained both of his Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Class 1 honor) and Ph. D. from University of Newcastle, Australia. His research interest is on turbulent jet flow, recently he has also explore the field in bio-fluid flow, such as Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting and measurements investigation of artificial heart pumps, both centrifugal and axial pumps. He has also done some measurements on cavity flow and CFD on the flow-structure interaction of the wind turbine, as well as the grouping of tiny particles and bio-sensor. He has published more than 100 refereed journal and 160 conference papers as well as 6 chapters of books.
Turbulent jet measurements, Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting, Artificial Heart Pump, Wind Turbine, micro particle grouping and design of biosensors.
|Computation of flow and structure interaction (FSI) of a wind turbine|
The project develops a whole field approach for accurately analyzing the unsteady aerodynamics and FSI on wind turbine blades and rotors using the modern computational technique.
[Thermo-Fluid & Energy]
Research Staff and Students under supervision
|Airil Seet Bin Azry Seet
||Investigation of Flow Over Oscillating Naca4421 Airfoils in Tandem Configuration at Low Reynolds Number |
||Large eddy simulations of aircraft wake vortices in ground proximity |
Selected Publications (click here for full publication list in PDF)
- Y.Y. Pey, L.P. Chua, W.L. Siauw, 2014. Effect of trailing edge ramp on cavity flow structures and pressure drag. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 45, pp. 53-71.
- Y.Y. Pey* and L.P. Chua, 2014, Effects of trailing wall modification on cavity wall pressure, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 57, pp. 250-260.
- B.Y. Su, L.P. Chua, and L. Zhong, 2013, Numerical studies of an axial flow blood pump with different diffuser design, Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 13, No. 3, 16 pages. 150029. 2.
- Z.K. Zhang and L.P. Chua, 2012, on the mixing in a heated elliptic jet, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 55 (17-18), pp. 4566-4579.
- Y.Y. Pey, L.P. Chua and W.L. Siauw, 2012, Stochastic Estimation of Cavity Flow Field, in World Academy of Science Engineering and Technology, Issue 71, Paris.
- B.Y. Su, L.P. Chua and X. Wang, 2011, Validation of an axial flow blood pump, computational fluid dynamic results using particle image velocimetry, Artificial Organs 36 (4), pp.359-367.
- B.Y. Su, L.P. Chua T.M. Lim and T. Zhou, 2010, Evaluation of the impeller shroud performance of an axial flow vertical assist device using computational fluid dynamics, Artificial Organs, 34(9), pp. 745-759.
- G.L. Song, L.P. Chua and T.M. Lim, 2010, Numerical study of a centrifugal blood pump with different impeller blade profiles, ASIAO J., 56, pp. 24-29.
- G.L. Song, L.P. Chua and T.M. Lim, 2010, Numerical study of a bio-centrifugal blood pump with straight impeller blade profile, Artificial Organs, 34(2), pp. 98-104.
- F. Kabinejadian*, L.P. Chua, D.N. Ghista and Y.S. Tan, 2010, A novel coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) sequential anastomosis design, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 38(10), pp. 3135-3150.
- Fluid Dynamics
- Introduction To Thermo-Fluids
- Fluids Mechanics
- Fan Characteristics For Differ
- Study Of Fan Performance Using Dimensional Analysis
- Compressible Flow